D3300 Green Light Issue, Help Appreciated

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
blueboxdoctor Regular Member • Posts: 198
D3300 Green Light Issue, Help Appreciated

Hi all,

I need some help here. I have a D3300, and have had it for nearly three years. The green light that goes on when you put a memory card in and when you turn it on (with memory card already inserted) is acting up.

When the camera is off I noticed the light will go on so I did some testing to see if it could be duplicated. Unfortunately, it can easily be duplicated without doing much. Here is what sets it off:

Lightly touching the power switch in off position (not moving it out of the locked off position, just touching it).

Pressing the shutter button (not as frequently as the power switch).

Pressing random buttons (live view, record it happened the most often out of all buttons that weren't the power switch or shutter button).

I need help here because I have read a lot of different things this may be so I wanted to explain my exact situation. Any info is greatly appreciated, as I would rather not spend a lot on a repair or new camera at this time.

Note, I have not had issues with it writing to the card but I recall getting an error about the card show up about a month and a half ago. I have also tried it with a brand new card and same issue.

Thanks again for any help.

Nikon D3 Nikon D3300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow