Cheap Point -&-Shoots that take bright, realistic photos?

Started Dec 17, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
doxology New Member • Posts: 2
Cheap Point -&-Shoots that take bright, realistic photos?

hello...

I am an insurance inspector; and I rely heavily upon a decent digital camera...taking photos both inside & outside of buildings.  I used to own a Samsung WB350F, which took bright, beautifully colored photos, both inside & outside.  On auto mode, even when the sun was behind a building I was photographing, the shots were contrasted perfectly; & those that let in too much light could be easily manipulated in Photoshop or PSP to make them presentable in my reports.  Inside...same thing...plenty of brightness...realistic colors.
Sadly...that camera died.  I have been financially unstable of late; & so I went out & bought a Kodak PIXPRO FZ53.  Absolute worst camera I ever owned.  Every shot (inside & outside) is dark; and has a bluish tint.  When brightened or otherwise manipulated, they come out blackish w/ a lot of grain.  Changing to Scene mode for the exterior shots helps only marginally....forced flash on the interior produces grainy results.
So...I am DONE w/ this camera...but cannot afford another WB350F.  My question is...is there a reasonably priced point & shoot on the market that takes bright, correctly contrasted outdoor (& indoor) photos...without having to mess around w/ ISO speeds & all of that...that I could go to right now (until I can afford another WB350F)?
Thanx,

dox

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow