Any worthy upgrade to nifty fifty without killing pocket?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Thinh28 Junior Member • Posts: 29
Any worthy upgrade to nifty fifty without killing pocket?

Current gear: Canon T2i with EFS 18-135mm IS and Nifty Fifty

Just pulled the trigger on: (Refurb) Canon 80D 18-135mm IS USM Lens + New 10-18mm IS STM &70-300mm IS USM II Lenses and Speedflash 430EX III-RT

I will probably take some shots with the lenses from the new bundle, and will prob sell off a couple of them in favor of something worthy of an upgrade to my [probably] outdated nifty fifty. From reading reviews, the new 50mm 1.8 STM isnt a significant upgrade to the nifty fifty, so I was just here to seek some advice.

Will mainly be taking portraits of my family (5 month old son). What do you guys think about the gear upgrade? Is it worth it for me to sell some of the bundled lens and buy a prime lens upgrade to my nifty fifty? What would be a very good bang-for-buck upgrade for the nifty fifty? (I tend to use this like 95% of the time)

I may have splurged a bit too much, too excited about the little booger and wanting good pics of him

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 80D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow