Who has decided to go back to a DSLR from an FZ1000?

Started Dec 16, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GeraldW Veteran Member • Posts: 8,296
Who has decided to go back to a DSLR from an FZ1000?

I'm still in the thinking stage of a move like this.  So, I'd like to hear pro and con arguments for this before I do something dumb (again).

This started a couple of days ago when I was going back over years of archives of shots with a wide variety of cameras.  Three kinds of images had the most noticeable differences.  Fall colors landscapes, ice hockey at the high school and college level, and people.  What I saw was that two of the several DSLR's I've owned stood out from everything else including the FZ1000 and FZ200.  Several other DSLR's were not as good as the FZ1000 (Nikon D90, Sony SLT-A57, and Canon 50D & 60D).

Anyhow, the two best DSLR's were the Canon 30D from 2006, and the 70D from 2013.

So, I find myself seriously considering another 70D and a couple of Canon lenses I liked from before; the 18-135 IS STM, and the 70-300 IS for starters.

I originally bought the FZ1000 to substitute for my 70D on travel as it fit in my carry on bag, and the 70D did not.  But after a California trip and some excellent daylight shots at Yosemite and Lake Tahoe, and some resolution chart testing, I sold the 70D.   Seemed like a good idea at the time.  Since then, I have also bought a Canon G7X Mk II.

If I were to go ahead with the 70D plan, I'd keep the G7X II, FZ200, and the Canon SX260HS and sell or trade the FZ1000 and the two flashes I have for it.

-- hide signature --

Jerry

GeraldW's gear list:GeraldW's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon SX220 HS Canon PowerShot ELPH 330 HS Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Panasonic FZ1000 +1 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow