TG-5 Vs Pansonic LX3

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
G Dickson Regular Member • Posts: 219
TG-5 Vs Pansonic LX3

1st post on this particular forum and I am hoping someone can help me out.  I am about to pull the trigger on a TG-5 and it will be my first ever waterproof compact.  I am not expecting wonders, but it seems well liked on here and by most internet reviewers.  I usually shoot with a Canon 1DMKIV and various long lenses for wildlife (and a few others) and an Em10 with small primes for everything else.  While I am no athlete, I run and own a safari lodge and end up doing quite a lot of adventurous stuff. Including lots of canoeing.  Also with a winter holiday in Europe coming up I want something to capture skiing and hiking etc.

The last compact I owned was a Panasonic LX3.  In fact it was my first ever serious camera and I loved that little thing.  Eventually the zoom seized up (as did every other compact I owned prior to that).  Looking back at some of the shots I got with that camera I am still happy with the IQ.  I know the sensor was larger, but do you think the two cameras can be compared in terms of IQ?

Many thanks in advance.

G Dickson's gear list:G Dickson's gear list
Olympus TG-5 Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Olympus OM-D E-M10 Canon 6D Mark II Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +9 more
Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus TG-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow