Nikon D850 Focus Issue

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
erhanmeco
erhanmeco New Member • Posts: 6
Nikon D850 Focus Issue

Hi guys.

I'm new here, but I have 10 years of experience on photography and Nikon cameras. Shor time ago, I sell my Nikon D810 to buy the new D850. (I also have a Nikon Df)

When I switch to D850, I notice some front focusing and some inconsistency. I said "That's normal, happened before." Then I buy Lens Align MkII and Focus Tune Software to calibrate the lens.

I'll adjust the Lens Align and follow all the instructions. When I make the test, I saw all my lenses front focusing on D850. And annoying part, it's really inconsistent.

I think that; I'm using mostly Sigma Art and Tamron lenses. Maybe they are not calibrated for D850.

But when I try my Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 G VR II Lens with D850, 10 shots at one Af-Fine Tune setting, all the points are different by large scale. Then I try them on my Df, there isn't any front or back focusing, and they are more consistent.

I'm giving you Focus Tune PDF below... I'm really unhappy  with this situation, do anyone experience something like this? I'm scared to giving it to Nikon service. Because I think they don't take it seriously, and give it back to me 1 month later... What can I do about it?

My Lenses:

Sigma 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye

Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 VC

Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 VC G2

Sigma 24-105mm f/4 OS Art

Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8 G VR II

Sigma 35mm f/1.4 Art

Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Sigma 85mm f/1.4 Art

Nikon 105mm f/2.8 VR Micro

erhanmeco's gear list:erhanmeco's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Sigma 15mm F2.8 EX DG Diagonal Fisheye +7 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Tamron 15-30mm F2.8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow