RX10iv - Tougher Day

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
JPEG Shooter Senior Member • Posts: 1,201
RX10iv - Tougher Day

Still trying to learn settings and so forth that work best for me and my RX10iv.  Had some trouble with focusing yesterday and I think I have to lower the brightness of the evf because I was tending to under expose via EC.

I was also shooting in Program Mode.  I think I'd do better in Aperture Mode and keep it at f4 like most of you seem to do.

Then there's my issue with Sleep.  I had it on 30 minutes which kept the camera on during my walk.  It did eat up the battery though so I put it on 1 minute.  But it was real inconsistent as to whether or not it would sleep.  Put it in my bag, 1 minute passes, no sleep.  I decided to carry it for that 1 minute, sometimes it would sleep and sometimes it would not sleep.  I thought maybe it detected the movement of me walking or something but even standing still, sometimes it would sleep after the 1 minute and sometimes it wouldn't.

I'm hoping to get out and try some other things today.

Here's a few of the better ones from yesterday.

Saw a few more butterflies today.

Sandhill Cranes are very common here

somewhat tough backlit situation

When palm seed pods break open, the bees love it.

He surprised me by taking flight.  Almost missed it.

-- hide signature --

JPEG Shooter

JPEG Shooter's gear list:JPEG Shooter's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Fujifilm X-S1 Olympus Tough TG-3 Sony RX10 IV Sony Alpha DSLR-A550 +3 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow