Thank you, Sony

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mcslsk Veteran Member • Posts: 3,081
Thank you, Sony

Disclaimer: Don't read if you are easily upset by someone being critical of Sony and their products

The a7r3 is out and by all accounts it seems to be a really good camera. Won't buy it, though, because (1) I spent €3.500 already on the a7r2, (2) can't justify another investment of that magnitude for my hobby, (3) own the a6500 which makes me more happy than anything else. Thank you, Sony.

Most of you know that I have been complaining mainly about three thrings that are reducing the value of the a7r2 for me. (1) EVF use for Manual Focus; (2) location of review magnification button with no option to assign the function to another custom button; and (3) no option to assign APS-C mode selection to a custom button.

No store near me carries the a7r3 so I couldn't check for myself. But what I have read is that on the a7r3 (1) the EVF has been redone so that the MF issue is gone, (2) APS-C is now assignable to a custom button, and (3) so is the review magnifciation function.

Folks have been telling me to stop whining, many don't even see the EVF issue, no one cares about the other two issues, get used to it, get another camera, Sony won't care about that, shut up. Seems that Sony did listen. Not to me, of course. But I think they got enough feedback to think implementation was worthwhile. Thank you, Sony.

The EVF issue may or may not be hardware related. I don't expect Sony to replace the EVF on my camera. The other two issues are firmware and could be included into a firmware update for the a7r2. And a firmware update couls also make 10x magnifcation in MF the default ratio (at least as an option).

Sony doesn't have a history of looking back at their exisiting customers. But if they do: Thank you, Sony.

mcslsk's gear list:mcslsk's gear list
Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha a7R II Sony a6500 Sony Alpha a7 III Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +48 more
Sony a6500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow