Front focus issue with 35mm sigma And nikon D700?

Started Dec 16, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Andreascy
Andreascy Contributing Member • Posts: 592
Front focus issue with 35mm sigma And nikon D700?

Hello. i just receive the sigma 35mm f1.4 and taking some sample shots i notice that sometimes i loose some focus. and i wanted to make a better test using tripod to find out if my lens have back or front facus issues.  I used the lens with the nikon d700 in a tripod using F1.4 and timer. scene is 5 batteries. I took 5 photos . Each photo must have in focus one battery starting from the left. First photo  - first battery from the left is in focus, Second photo - second battery from the left is in focus etc. I am not sure from the photos if i have front focus issue so i want your advice. I made a crop to the photos so the batteries will be close up. I can see that the lens focused correct but maybe there is a little front focus? or its my idea?

Andreascy's gear list:Andreascy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Nikon D700 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow