Those ol 5DIII SOOC JPEG Colors (and older L's) and what happened to them?

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 2,153
Those ol 5DIII SOOC JPEG Colors (and older L's) and what happened to them?

All this talk about Sony this, Nikon that, Sigma, 5DIV, etc etc. Rewind moment coming right up...

Here's a (hot) subject that's on my radar, what, happened to those traditional Canon colors when Canon went away from the DIGIC5 and that series of sensors, why, and how do you get them back...

Anyhow a slight salute to my former 5DIII, which I plan to go back to FF some years down the road when the rug rats kids get older and the diaper bags go away. But I have not been impressed either with the 5DIV colors, 6DII colors, or any post DIGIC5 color rendition from Canon to date requiring some measure of either acceptance on my behalf, or customized picture profiles to try to bridge some of the difference, but not all successfully to date.

What happened to the magic?

All pictures are SOOC JPEG (usually S1) except the one where I've corrected distortion in DPP4 (from the RAW that I shot the S1 JPEG with), with no color tweaks (obviously).

RAW -> DPP4 for distortion correction

Canon EOS 5D Mark III Kodak Pixpro S-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow