Fully articulated screen and my G80

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Dima Sh Regular Member • Posts: 356
Fully articulated screen and my G80

I really like the G80 except one big thing. The fully articulated screen. I often like to shoot from the hip with m43 and I could quickly tilt the screen up on the EM10ii with a simple left hand movement, then select a focus point with the right thumb if needed and then quickly push the screen back in place. With the G80 this style of shooting becomes impossible. I need to fully flip out the screen, tilt it, grab it differently to be able to use the left hand to select a focus point, then fold this thing back in place. This takes more time, attracts attention, makes the camera “bigger” and is just plain inconvenient for this style of shooting. I could use my old EM10ii or a GX80, however these cameras are less convenient from the ergonomic standpoint. Unfortunately all higher end m43 cameras have moved to the FAS standard - the em1ii and G9 now have it as well.

I understand that the flip out screen is really good for video and for some special applications, perhaps macro. But is it a better option for the majority of stills shooters?

Dima Sh's gear list:Dima Sh's gear list
Nikon D750 Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic G85 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +16 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow