How to remove these objects?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
pixelho Regular Member • Posts: 210
How to remove these objects?

Greetings. . . I have been working with this image (and still working on it) and am interested in how it would look without the boats and trees tips in the lower area, so I am asking for advice on the best technique / strategy to remove them. I don't often remove objects from images, so I am not familiar with the best method and would appreciate some guidance. I use Affinity Photo instead of PS, but I think most techniques might translate. I've tried some cloning, healing and inpainting, but am not happy with the results as I can see the patched areas and they do not appear seamless. I had also considered trying to remove only the bigger boat closest to the bottom of the image (it bothers me in the composition the most) and the tree tips, leaving the other boats. I do like the boats as part of the story, but I realize some may find them too distracting.

I did not have the option of framing the scene tilted down to get a little more water in the foreground of the boats, as there was way too much clutter below the frame. This wonderful moment lasted but a moment, so I was not able to move my position before the scene changed. Sigh. I also see a bit of halo around the treeline with the mountains beyond and will revisit the pp to see if I can reduce it. Some of that effect is natural, I believe, due to the light and stormy low fog/clouds. The weather was changing very fast and it snowed overnight.

Grand Teton storm approaching

pixelho's gear list:pixelho's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony RX100 III Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 +3 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow