Canson Platine Fiber Rag Cockling problem

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sharadn Junior Member • Posts: 39
Canson Platine Fiber Rag Cockling problem

I have been having problems with buckling. I think that cockling is the correct term. It is only happening on my 24" roll paper. I contacted Legion paper and they sent me a replacement roll but it has the same problem. I am printing on an HP Z3200 and created a custom profile using the printers built in spectrophotometer. I have been wrestling with this problem for quite some time and and in an effort to determine if is my system I purchased some Red River Palo Duro SoftGloss cut paper in 17x25. This is supposedly the same paper from the same mill and the Canson Platine and the RR website is even showing that a recall has been done by the mill that make the SoftGloss so it reinforces my belief that it is the same paper. I made identical prints using the same profile on the new roll from Canson and the RR cut paper. The Canson is showing very bad buckling but the RR paper laying perfectly flat. Otherwise the prints are identical. I applaud Legions efforts to deal with this by sending me a new roll but am dismayed that it is displaying the same defect as the first roll. I am wondering if anyone else has this problem and if so have you been able to resolve it.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow