From Lightroom to DXO Photolab

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
All forumsForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat
mujana Veteran Member • Posts: 5,290
From Lightroom to DXO Photolab

After a few weeks trial editions of C1 and DXO Photolab, I bought DXO Photo Suite this afternoon (so the whole package including View Point 3 and Film Pack 5). Together with Affinity Photo, I think I'm set for years to come. I'm not sure how much I will use Lightroom anymore (might not even use it at all). All this, even when C1 for Sony would be (only) 79 Euro for me, while I just paid 289 euro for DXO Photo Suite.

Although colour "editing" options in C1 are more extensive, I find it much more intuitive to work in Photolab. Beside that, noise reduction is superb and now that local adjustments can be done (and possibly more to come next year as announced by DXO), I find it a very nice and complete raw developer. Smart Lighting and Clearview, but also ViewPoint are fantastic! At the same time Photolab certainly isn't only about automatic and instant developing of my RAW files; there are also many, many possibilities to work on my files and get them the way I want. Questions to DXO where answered almost straight away, and that's another big plus for me (I'm still waiting for C1 to answer a question I posed more than a week ago). I like it when a company notices my questions and actually answers them.

So, new software after years and years Adobe Lightroom (which I also liked, by the way).

mujana's gear list:mujana's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Sony Alpha a7R II Zeiss Batis 25mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 50mm F1.4 ZA +4 more
Flat
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow