ON1 2018 and Fuji X-RAW....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
schack
schack New Member • Posts: 9
ON1 2018 and Fuji X-RAW....

So, I flipped out the credit card and paid for ON1 2018 up front (should have tried the trial version first) and I’m sort of underwhelmed. The software itself is nice enough and the GUI is more than adequate, but the RAW conversion of my Fuji X-T2 files is a real deal breaker.
I tried working on some nightshots from a local light festival just outside of Copenhagen I shot in Nov. and compared to the same image from Capture One 9. The image is rather special in that it contains mostly blue tones from a LED light installation around a 400 year old tree.
The ON1 conversion look both blurred and blown out. It looks like it can’t handle the blue channel at all, to a degree where is’t practically unusable. The CaptureOne version look very like the original image from the camera and the JPEG produced with Fuji X-RAW Studio. I have collected the different versions, both as screenshots and exported JPEGs in a dropbox folder and the link is available her:

https://goo.gl/63EEwc

I have no idea what goes on with ON1 2018 but I’m definitely requesting a refund and using it to buy an upgrade to CaptureOne 11. :-/

schack's gear list:schack's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +3 more
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow