MEKE Automatic Extension Tube Set

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
courtneych New Member • Posts: 5
MEKE Automatic Extension Tube Set

I just purchased the MEKE Automatic Extension Tube Set (MK-P-AF3-A) for $23.99 from Amazon. The set consists of two stackable tubes of 10 and 16 mm length that support the automatic functions of the attached lens (although I'm not sure about in-lens stabilization).

There is nothing to dislike about this extension tube set. Indeed, the quality of the set was far better than I expected for such a low price. The tubes fit my Panasonic GX85 perfectly, the connection feels very solid (not too tight and not too loose), and the automatic focus, etc., with my 14-140 lens works just as well as it does without the extension tubes attached.

One thing to be aware of that I did not know despite having used extension tubes with my previous Canon DSLRs . . . apparently you get the most magnification with the zoom set to just greater than the length (in millimeters) of the extension tube stack. For example, I get the greatest magnification when I set my 14-140 zoom to about 27 mm when using both extension tubes in a stack. However, the lens likely will cast a shadow on the subject at the higher magnifications. Oddly, longer zoom settings give less total magnification, and the included instructions seem to discourage use of zoom settings shorter than the extension tube length.

I would appreciate an comments on magnification vs. zoom level (or prime lens focal length) when using extension tubes.

courtneych's gear list:courtneych's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow