Camera for video around 800-1200$ (750D, G7, G80/G85)

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
smeki37 New Member • Posts: 10
Camera for video around 800-1200$ (750D, G7, G80/G85)

Hello everyone,

I am choosing a camera for all-round filming for a floorball club (from static interviews to action shots of the game) around 800-1200$, the cheaper the better. I am looking at Canon 750D/T6i, Panasonic G7 and Panasonic G80/G85. There is a possibility to buy a better lens later, but for now it would be with the kit lens. Although I have a good experience with Canon cameras, I think the Panasonic would be better because of a faster focus - Canon as it is a DSLR will be much slower, am I right? I actually don't need 4K. For me it's important to have something with a fast focus for action shots, nice video quality, good controls and a mic input. I don't care about photos much, the quality will be enough with any of these. What scares me a little bit is the plastic body of the G7, which has a really good price now. Sony A6000 is out as it has no mic input. What do you think about these models, is it the best choise for this purpose? Should I pay extra money for the G80/G85 instead of G7? Should I consider something else?

Thanks!

Canon EOS Rebel T6i (EOS 750D / Kiss X8i) Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G7 Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow