Telescopic lens for Nikon D3300

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sandyskw New Member • Posts: 5
Telescopic lens for Nikon D3300

My son 18 has a Nikon D3300, I was thinking of purchasing a 70-300mm lens for Christmas for his camera. I've been reading and reading,just when I think I have the one,I doubt myself, there are so many letters etc in the names,I get unsure that I may get one that is not correct,some have motors in then,some not. Then there is Nikon,Sigma,Tamron,but in all the reading Sigma seems not as good as the others.I am looking for auto focus rather then manual. One other thing, I was considering a camera also for my daughter,would like to stay with Nikon,Nikon now has the D3400, if possible,because my kids are 16 and 18, for a bit they could share the telephoto lense if needed it would be easier if the new lens could fit both cameras. My choice could be buy my daughter a D3300 referbished from a reputable company, that way they both would have the same model and everything lens etc, would fit both,until one or the other could buy their own,or figure out if the telescopic  could fit both the D3300 and D3400 and buy one lens as well they could share. Thanks for any feedback, and or opinions about lens.

Nikon D3300 Nikon D3400
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow