Upgrading my GX1- Is GX85 enough for indoor sports?

Started Dec 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
scottyinfrisco Contributing Member • Posts: 842
Re: Upgrading my GX1- Is GX85 enough for indoor sports?

Roy Bell wrote:

BertrandJow wrote:

scottyinfrisco wrote:

Thanks for posting these. I plan to use the GX85 for an extremely similar setting. Looks like the 42.5 f1.7 will be perfect for my needs. So helpful.

I got this lens only recently but I'm quite pleased with it (I've also used it for concerts and got good results in very low light). I'm quite conservative with regards to ISO (probably I'm used to smaller/lower quality sensors) and did not have to increase brightness during post-processing; you could certainly achieve the same shutter speed and similar IQ with a slower lens playing with these factors (in fact the last shot was with a slow tele zoom).

Please note I was close to the court and still had to crop, you may want a longer lens depending on how far you'll be from the action.

Well, I got a little purchase happy on Amazon today. My 42.5 F1.7 Should be arriving Saturday. Not sure if it will be here in time for the comp, probably not.

Bad news Roy, I called UPS and had it redirected!!

scottyinfrisco's gear list:scottyinfrisco's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Canon EOS 70D Sony a6300 Sony a6500 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +7 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow