Welcome a newb :)

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Strannik2011 Regular Member • Posts: 105
Welcome a newb :)

After months of hesitation, suffering from acute GAS and an unexpected upcoming trip to overseas in a few months, I finally took the plunge and ordered Panny GX85. I thought this was a decent deal at B&H - body, two kit lenses, 64 GB mem card, a $50 gift card and a bag (which i will probably never use)  - all for less than I would pay for a body only locally in Canada. I also ordered additional batteries and charger, plus the 42.5 1.7 prime. I'm a Cannon shooter, have a bunch of glass and bodies but it was getting more and more problematic to drag my pro equipment along for trips and just for getting out with the family. I wanted something portable but with a more or less decent quality. I'm thinking if the new gear disappoints then I can probably easily sell with minimal losses locally.

My question is - what would you recommend for this system (essential gear in your opinion)? I mostly do portraits, kids, modelling, etc, but during trips it will be mostly family members with some scenery in the background, some quick snapshots of surroundings, maybe some street photography on the go, some video. My initial plan was to take along the 12-32 kit lens and the 42.5 prime (I love primes). I will probably never use the 45-150 kit lens. Any suggestions? I never used m43 gear, so any input will be much appreciated.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow