C-5060 Zoom Lever Replacement

Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dave rogers Regular Member • Posts: 384
C-5060 Zoom Lever Replacement

I received the C-5060 I ordered from eBay a couple of weeks ago. It was sold as "not working" or "parts only" because the seller said he had no way of testing the camera. It was $18.99.

It looked in fairly good shape in the photos on the auction, but alas the camera had apparently been damaged between the time of the auction photos and when it was sent to me.

I put a battery in it, and a 128MB CF card, and it works fine. The only problem is that the zoom lever that was on the camera in the photos of the auction is no longer on the camera.

I've written to the seller to see if he'll give me a price adjustment.

My question here is, has anyone had any experience replacing this part?

As it is, I can use the camera as a 28mm fixed focal length, so it's not a total loss. And as perhaps a collectable as an example of the model, it's otherwise in decent shape.

But it might be kind of cool to be able to use the zoom. I searched the forums but didn't find anything. I may look for a really broken one that nonetheless has the zoom lever and disassemble that to see what replacing it might entail.

Not holding out much hope, but figured I'd ask.

Thanks!

dave rogers's gear list:dave rogers's gear list
Olympus C-5050 Zoom Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus XZ-1 Olympus XZ-2 iHS +29 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow