Cheapest, smallest / lightest travel lens kit recommendations??

Started Dec 15, 2017 | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
eainnem
eainnem New Member • Posts: 2
Cheapest, smallest / lightest travel lens kit recommendations??

Hi all!

I am going travelling indefinitely in January, starting in Vietnam and am looking for the cheapest, smallest / lightest lens kit that covers the widest range of shots (portrait, street, wildlife, landscape, action, etc).

I have a Canon 1100D (so crop sensor) with the 18-55mm kit lens and nifty fifty, then a GoPro Hero 5, DJi Spark and Samsung Galaxy S7. I hope the 50mm will cover street and photography, GoPro will cover some action (and possibly landscapes?) and the drone for video and aerial shots.

Here's where I get stressed and indecisive.
I have been considering buying a secondhand Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6 SP Di VC USD, as my zoom lens for wildlife shots, landscapes, cityscapes and maybe some street photos (since I'm not brave enough just yet to blatantly shoot strangers). I believe the stabilizer on this lens is very good too for some fast paced action shots and handheld video / photos.

Then for my wide angle, I'm not sure. I'm between a secondhand Sigma 17-70mm F2.8-4 Contemporary DC Macro OS HSM which will also replace my kit lens making my bag one lens lighter, or a secondhand Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 which gives me a much wider range to play with, but is it a bit too much?
I would love a second opinion on my considered choices (keeping in mind I can get the Tamron and either the Sigma or Tokina for €500 which I think isn't bad - but maybe not?)
Thank you all in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow