So Light I Use It Most of the Time

Started 3 months ago | User reviews thread
Flat view
Bondster New Member • Posts: 2
So Light I Use It Most of the Time

I like this lens best of the three I own.  My number one reason is because it is so light on my D5600 body.  I can carry that combo all day, and frequently do, without ever even thinking about a camera hanging from my neck.  Personally, low weight is what makes me get more good shots than anything else.  I don't like feeling uncomfortable and sometimes will leave my camera at home when it is too heavy.

The fact that this lens is quite sharp and contrasty is such a bonus.  Wow, is this really a kit lens?  I make a lot of 20 by 30 inch prints.   They look great.  The VR works quite well and you will need it because the lens is slow.   I wish they could make something this light and one stop faster but we can't have it all.  It probably defies the laws of physics.

I have the Nikon 16-80 F2.8-F4 zoom, which is quite heavenly and much better in low light but I find myself leaving it at home more than the 18-55 because of the heaviness.

On a D5600 the 18-55  balances so nicely in the hand.  Literally perfect.   Cannot top it for feel.  I've held Leicas and this combo feels better.

Overall:  very happy.

Bondster's gear list:Bondster's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G
Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR
Zoom lens • Nikon F (DX)
Announced: Jan 5, 2016
Bondster's score
Average community score
Nikon AF-P 18-55mm F3.5-5.6G VR Nikon D5600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow