Flashpoint R2 i-TTL 2.4G Wireless Receiver with SB-800/SB-600

Started 7 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yodog Senior Member • Posts: 1,681
Flashpoint R2 i-TTL 2.4G Wireless Receiver with SB-800/SB-600

I currently use the Nikon CLS flash system and thinking about switching over to Flashpoint R2 wireless flash. Right now I have the Nikon SB-800 and SB-600 flashes and a SU-800 transmitter. Presently, I don't really shoot flash that often, but I would like to explore using flash more. From what I have been reading (Kelby's Flash book), learning to shoot flash in manual using the 2.4 Ghz RF wireless is the best way to go.

To start with, for sure I would have to get the FLASHPOINT R2 PRO-N transmitter to mount on my Nikon.

Basically, my question is...

...would I be better off just getting a couple of Flashpoint R2 i-TTL 2.4G Wireless Receivers at $40@ and mount my Nikon flashes on them.

...or completely dump the Nikon gear and go with the R2 Li-on flashes.

If I understand correctly, the only thing I lose by getting just the receivers is the TCM (TTL convert to Manual) function.

Cost isn't really a factor...I just feel a bit uneasy going from Nikon to a 3rd party flash. Not to answer my own question, but I suppose I could start out with just one transmitter/receiver with an SB-800 and go from there. I'm kinda new to this, so any comments would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mike

-- hide signature --

Aim High - Lay Low

yodog's gear list:yodog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D610 Nikon D7200 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm F1.8G +15 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow