Not perfect, but very good!

Started 4 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
SKPhoto85 New Member • Posts: 1
Not perfect, but very good!

This gem used to be my first fullframe DSLR, so although with a 5DMkIV I will never forget this camera. When starting digital Imaging with APS-C or small cameras a ff-cam appears as a real gamechanger. And throughout the almost 4 years I worked with the 6D I was never disappointed with ist IQ or functions. Only the AF System was a bit annoying, with a superb cross-type-sensor in the middle, but unfortunately nothing more. So it was a Kind of ritual to Focus and measure and afterwards composing the Image to be taken. When you got used to this procedure it works quite well, but it is totally different from pro-cameras.

Nevertheless I loved my 6D it's been on Islands and moutain tops indoor and outdoor. Especially the great perfomance with about 5000 ISO was perfect for poor weather and low light.

One Thing which finally made me sure, a Change to a professional device is necessary was the Situation on Helgoland, where after a storm, the camera was totally tilt, and only a Long process of having it dried, made it work again. The waterproofing of the 5DMkIV is much tighter. But due to the Price and the Features, it is a wonderful camera.

SKPhoto85's gear list:SKPhoto85's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Canon EF 300mm f/4.0L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 16-35mm F4L IS USM
Canon EOS 6D
20 megapixels • 3 screen • Full frame sensor
Announced: Sep 17, 2012
SKPhoto85's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
weak
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
great
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
great
= community average
Canon EOS 6D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow