4K not wanted, chasing flat profile in Full HD only

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
alexandercleland New Member • Posts: 1
4K not wanted, chasing flat profile in Full HD only

Hi guys,

I would love some advice. I currently own an Olympus M1 (Mark 1) with a 12-40mm 2.8 PRO and a Panasonic 25mm 1.4. I love the stills it takes, I also love the video. The problem is I’ve just about thrashed the camera to death and considering a new one. I use LR and Final Cut Pro X and run all my footage through Film Convert 2. I love it. I mainly take photos and make movies of the family, landscapes and surfing.

I would love a new mirrorless or I’d happily go back to a DSLR if it suited my needs. I just want a camera that offers a 1080p resolution with a flat colour profile option so I could get even better results out of Film Convert. The reason I don’t want to record in 4K is because I’m satisfied with my Full HD films on YouTube and all of my devices, including my 4K capable 55” TV. I don’t want to edit in 4K, and I don’t want to deal with the extra space needed.

How easy is downscaling from 4K anyway? What is the process exactly?

The obvious progression would be the OMD-M1 MkII. But I’ve read that the 1080 footage is very soft. And does it offer a muted flat profile to grade well in Film Convert?

Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated. I’m not necessarily tied to Olympus. Thanks in advance!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow