Distance and Image Quality (Get closer, improve technique, or blame it on the lens?)

Started 1 week ago | Discussions thread
Smith-64 New Member • Posts: 3
Re: Distance and Image Quality (Get closer, improve technique, or blame it on the lens?)

It been 5-6 years since I've been on this forum but I was really impressed by the quality  of discussion on this thread.  Congratulations all.

Secondly, a few comments based on the 4/3 version of the 75-300 mm lens.  At least a couple fairly rigorous testing blogs suggested that f11 was required to control aberrations in the 200-300mm zoom range, that is aberrations exceeded diffraction until about f11.  The m4/3 lenses may well have been improved optically.

The longer the distance between camera and the subject the more the atmosphere degrades the image (obscurants + air currents).  Anytime you are shooting over the edge between land and water there are likely air current because of the temperature differential between the land and the water,

Finally, I'm really impressed by the improvement made by the 5 axis image stabilization vs. the 2 axis on my E620.

AC

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow