Pen-F Digital vs E-M1 mkII.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
kee808 New Member • Posts: 10
Pen-F Digital vs E-M1 mkII.

I currently have a Olympus E-M1 (first gen) for stills and also a Lumix GX-85 for video.
I have 2 Micro43 lenses - the Oly 12-50mm and the Lumix 40-150mm. I also have a rokinon 7.5mm fisheye and several vintage Nikon AI mount lenses as well. 
I'm considering upgrading the stills camera to a newer Olympus with 20 MP sensor and 50MP high res mode.
My options:
The Pen-F Digital is currently US $1000.
The E-M1 mkII is US $1800.
As far as I can tell, it seems like the major differences between the E-M1 mkII and the Pen-F is 4K video and phase detection AF.
I don't need 4K, that is why I picked up the Lumix GX-85.
So it seems like I would be paying US $800 extra for phase detect as the only features advantage of E-m1 mkII.
Am I missing something - any other differences between the two (other than ergonomics)?
For stills, I shoot about 60% of the time with my manual lenses and only about 40% of the time using AF lenses. I don't think it is worth it to get the E-M1 mkII for me. Pen-F should be fine, right?
Also... a possible bonus with Pen-F is that if I ever decide to pick up a Speed Booster, the Pen will work with Speed Booster XL (0.64x) whereas the E-M1 only fits the standard SB (0.71x). I don't own a SB yet, but if I ever do, it gives me options.

Olympus E-M1 Olympus PEN-F
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow