A77ii known problems with external flash

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
m.holmes Regular Member • Posts: 359
A77ii known problems with external flash

Hi everyone,

I recently bought a Sony ADP-MAA adaptor (i.e. to mount an old Minolta-style flash on newer Sony cameras), I had to test it in like 10 seconds, so I grabbed an A77mkII, my old Sony flash (I think it's an HVL43), connected everything. The camera turned on and displayed "this accessory is not supported by the device". Turn off, turn on again. Same message. Must be the contacts. Removed everything, reconnected everything. Ok, that worked. Switched to P mode and took 2-3 pictures of the room: they came out almost COMPLETELY WHITE, and the 10 seconds were over.

I actually don't have an explanation for this, but I admit I was quite in a hurry... However if anyone could shed some light (no pun intended), an make an hypothesis on what happened, that would be welcome.

Funny stories apart. Is there any known issue with the A77ii and flashes? I saw another thread in this forum, but the effect seems different (I think the camera slows down in some circumstances, when using a remote flash).

Thanks for the responses,

MH

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow