Proofing and Sales Options for a New Headshot Photographer?

Started 6 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
TatTwamAsi New Member • Posts: 18
Proofing and Sales Options for a New Headshot Photographer?

Hey DP Commune,

My headshot biz is starting to get off the ground, and I'm looking to step up my proofing and sales process. Looking for some different opinions/perspectives. . .

I offer multiple edited photos as part of my package for my clients.  I'm looking for a hosting service where they they can view good quality proofs that are either water-marked or otherwise non-downloadable in order to discourage them from posting unedited work of mine.  
The idea is that they would be able to view their gallery, make selections, and then I could send them the finished work and collect payment potentially myself.

A few questions:

-A lot of proofing and sales services offer website hosting as well.  Do you host your main website through your proofing service, or do you host separately through something like squarepix, wix, etc?

-For those of you who host your proofing and main website together, what are your opinions on the best services for website building?

-What proofing service do you prefer and why? How does your service benefit your workflow? If you have any pros and cons to others that would be helpful as well!

This community is such a wonderful resource, and I can never thank you people enough for the insights you give me (even the people whose life goal seems to be to make inexperienced photographers feel dumb haha)!

Thanks!

Eli

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow