the 35mm f/2 and the X-Pro1-- a good match?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yardcoyote Senior Member • Posts: 9,752
the 35mm f/2 and the X-Pro1-- a good match?

I'd be interested in hearing about how well the original X-Pro1 plays with the new(ish) 35mm f/2.  I know the "crons", with their smaller front elements, are designed to work well with the OVF, and I know the f/2 is supposed to focus faster, at least on the newer cameras.  Will I see improvements over the focus speed of the f/1.4 even on the old camera?

I am pretty sure I want a dedicated lens for the X-Pro, freeing the f/1.4, a lens that I love in general, to float between all the Fuji cameras.  I was thinking of the 50mm f/2 at first, but then I got to thinking about the smaller image on the OVF.  I also have been shooting a lot with a 50mm prime on another crop sensor camera, and I think the wider angle of view of a 35mm is more what I want when I pick up the X-Pro to take it for a walk.

Any comments about, or samples from, this combination would be welcome.

yardcoyote's gear list:yardcoyote's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Fujifilm X100T Fujifilm X-Pro1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-M1 +14 more
Fujifilm X-Pro1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow