My D750 just took a hard fall from a 1.5m tripod with a 1.1kg lens attached....

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
GrapeJam
GrapeJam Senior Member • Posts: 1,043
My D750 just took a hard fall from a 1.5m tripod with a 1.1kg lens attached....

And except for the slightly cracked upper top left, a loose modes knob , mostly stuck (could still be moved just with a lot of effort) burst dial and a spot of dust stuck in the pentarism it still pretty much function perfectly fine both in video and still, tho I have some doubt about the lens' (in this case a Tamron 15-30) stabilisation after the fall, not sure if it's placebo effect or not but it seems that I no longer get consistent sharp shots at low shutter speed as before.

Still I was surprised that my D750 survived that well after such a fall, Matt Granger's D810 didn't survive such fall and the D750 was considered to be "cheaply made".

I should also mention that prior to this incident my D750 also survived 2 bike crashes while being carried in a bag without a scratch.

Still, I have a video shoot tomorrow and will send my D750 and lens in for repair after that, I trust that my D750 will carry me thru that shoot.

GrapeJam's gear list:GrapeJam's gear list
Sony Alpha a7 III Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony Vario-Tessar T* FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS Sony FE 85mm F1.8
Nikon D750 Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow