Canon EOS 80D Refurb Experience

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jdinca Junior Member • Posts: 40
Canon EOS 80D Refurb Experience

Hi all,

I've read here and on other sites good experiences people have had with Canon refurbs. As a result of this, when my 2nd Canon SLR (SL1) started to have issues, I opted to go for a refurb 80D. I have 5 Canon lenses and a Sigma lens, so pretty vested in Canon. I was also really pleased with the SL1, and the Rebel XS I had before that.

The EOS 80D was a massive disappointment, however, and I wanted to solicit opinion about this. Canon refuse a replacement, despite, what I think is strong evidence of it not functioning correctly. I've started to document my experience here:

http://canonrefurbiq.com/

And am posting to this forum to solicit advice on what to do.  My expectation is that, in auto mode (scene intelligent), such a camera body (with various lenses) should do a decent job.  As a caveat, I tend to shoot in AP mode, but there are so many occasions where you just want to take a decent picture (with or without flash) that the camera fails on.  Auto mode has been terrible, put Canon push back that the issues lie with me.  And while their tests extend only to putting the camera in front of a contrast chart, they are adamant it is in spec.  I could not disagree more, but  am super disappointed that, as a long time customer, they are basically telling me to take my business elsewhere.

Because of the upcoming holidays, my new Panasonic GX85 arrives today, but it seems unfair that that was my only option.

Any input would be appreciated.  Thanks.

jdinca's gear list:jdinca's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel SL1 Canon EOS 80D Canon EF-S 10-22mm F3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF 28-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM +3 more
Canon EOS 80D Canon EOS Rebel SL1 (EOS 100D) Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
S_V
TxF
TxF
TxF
TxF
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow