Best way to clean A7R II / III sensor

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
PrTv Junior Member • Posts: 41
Best way to clean A7R II / III sensor

I'm thinking of getting some cleaning kits to clean my sensors. I noticed that my brand new RIII got quite a lot of dust on it (around 10 spots at F8, and never change lens outside).

Although I, 80% of the time, shoot at F1.4 - 2.8, I still would like to be able to clean the sensor myself.

I did some research, and apart from rocket blower, there seems to be wet and dry methods. Wet is sensor swap and dry is sensor gel (especially this one for Sony) https://photographylife.com/product/sensor-gel-stick-for-sony.

For one who has no experience in sensor cleaning, which version is the best and safest (least possible to damage my sensor)?

If wet solution is better, which brand should I buy. I heard that some brands are not compatible with Sony' Sensors and left some nasty streaks on the sensor.

BTW, I'm aware that for sensors with IBIS, the cleaning should only be done in "sensor cleaning mode" where it tells you that you may clean the sensor manually if necessary, since the sensor is fixed in place.

Sony Alpha a7R II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow