DNG | Pros&Cons as PhotoWorkFlow | Your Opinion & Experience, please...

Started Dec 13, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
NumberOne Veteran Member • Posts: 4,049
DNG | Pros&Cons as PhotoWorkFlow | Your Opinion & Experience, please...

Every time I change camera, as an early adopter, I "get remembered" that my actual photo software needs an immediate update!

This time around, there's an unpleasant surprise: LR as my computer perpetual standalone version will be discontinued and I already made my decision going/opting  for another software provider and solution - I will not be converted to a Cloud/Internet/Month (perpetual) Payer; I don't like it and the same goes for the treatment and consideration this software house seems to have to its long/old customers - Period!

So, I purchased «Luminar 2018» 2-3 weeks ago, even knowing they  - and I ... - would have a difficult/hard time catching up!

However, there's still another option: Convert files to «DNG» and work with my old/habitual software!

So, for those with the knowledge and practice of «DNG», what are the Pros&Cons I will encounter in  this journey?

TIA,
All the best,
Pedro

NumberOne's gear list:NumberOne's gear list
Sony a7R III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G OSS Zeiss Batis 18mm F2.8 +13 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow