Q: help sought from users of Dell's ultrasharp IPS screens

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jpr2 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,412
Q: help sought from users of Dell's ultrasharp IPS screens

I'm rather deeply puzzled by some aspects of the U2515H's touch-buttons at the bottom of its bezel (and perhaps operationally shared with other monitors of the same series: U241*, U251*, or U271* ?):

• the main ON/OFF power button - it does switch the power every time when there are no signals on any of the input ports;
  • however, as soon as any of the DP/HDMI inputs is active, then no matter how one applies their touch it simply refuses to power OFF the screen!!
  • as there is no standard, classic electro-mechanical ON/OFF switch, the only way to have it completely disconnected seem to be by pulling the cord from the wall socket;
  • is the unit faulty? (brad new) or there might be some well hidden operational trick involved to configure it into reacting more intuitively (I mean like every other electrical appliance)?
  • the energy-sawing sleep mode: is there a way to change the default period from 5mins. to something shorter? and if a sleep is induced - how to configure the u2515h to wake up simply with the mice entering the extended screen boundary of the sleeping one in the dual-monitor mode?
  • about the remaining touch-screen switches there: would it be possible to double or replace them by some DDC/CI (Display Data Channel/Command Interface) application - that is with no "touch" involved at all, but rather a classic rodent's pointer and controls?
  • seemingly my clumsy fingers are good enough to do a precise & minuscule mechanical hand watches repair, but fail miserably with XXI c. touch screens

jpr2

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow