Need help with a strange flickr issue

Started Dec 13, 2017 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Featherchaser New Member • Posts: 5
Need help with a strange flickr issue

Hello guys! Greetings from India! Long time lurker first time poster.

I was planning to get back into photography this holiday season and was creating some accounts I thought I needed to help me along the way. The DPReview one has been a success (yay!) but I'm facing a weird issue with my flickr account that I hope you guys may be able to shed some light on or at least refer to a person who can help me if this is posted in the wrong place.

I created a yahoo account with my gmail address and tried to sign into flickr, only to be told

''Before we get started...

If you live in India you may be accessing photos and videos that are contrary to the Terms of Service for Yahoo! India.

To avoid this you can create a new Yahoo ID with India as your home country

Or if you like, you may continue to Flickr with your current Yahoo ID and country setting.''

First, I chose the ''continue to Flickr'' option but it didn't allow me to sign in.

Then, I chose the first option and created a yahoo email address and everything but I still get the same message when I log in to Flickr with that one. So what can I do? The Yahoo help has been useless and I can't sign into flicker to use their help forums. There is no option to change country anywhere, and I don't think making more accounts is going to help. So if there's anyone out there who can shed some light on this, I'd really appreciate it if you came forward. And if there are any Flickr users from India on this forum that any of you know / are, I'd really appreciate it if you could refer this thread to them.

Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow