What's better than one KP? A bargain 2nd one :-)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
wayne131
wayne131 Regular Member • Posts: 429
What's better than one KP? A bargain 2nd one :-)

Hi Guys....

Earlier this year I sold off my entire m4/3 kit which I had been using along with my K-5ii and various lenses. I wanted to concentrate solely on one interchangeable lens system. I have been a long time Pentax user and have accumulated some really nice lenses hence it was a easy decision to stay with Pentax and let my Olympus/Panasonic gear go.

The only niggle was while I loved the K-5ii it never had the handheld appeal of some of my m4/3 bodies and I particularly wanted a tilt rear screen for landscape/low level shots.

I took the plunge and purchased a Pentax KP and immediately loved the camera and was very happy.

My K-5 sat in the cupboard and it eventually went to a new home.

The KP has been a joy to use and I am really enjoying my photography again.

I have been working with a make up artist and and also spending more of my free time out with my camera. As a result I was looking for a 2nd body to save time changing lenses on shoots.

However it was very difficult to justify the price of having a 2nd KP but I didn't want to just go with a inferior 2nd body.

So I was delighted when I saw Amazon was offering the silver version at a special price of £549.00 ! It was out of stock and I had to wait a couple of weeks but it has now arrived. I have been copying the settings from my black KP to the silver one.

I intend to use the black KP with the battery grip attached pretty much all the time and use the silver KP as a more compact set up.

I'm confident they will give me many years of good use.

Happy Christmas everybody and best wishes for 2018.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards,
Wayne.

wayne131's gear list:wayne131's gear list
Sony RX1 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V Pentax K-5 II Pentax K-3 II
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow