18-55 bad copy?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
user061018 Regular Member • Posts: 142
18-55 bad copy?

I was transferring a visitors images from a newly purchased X-t20/18-55 kit and noticed a few images that seemed a bit softer than what I would like from such a well regarded kit. I don't actually have much first had experience with this kit so I don't know if these are considered normal.

One example is the edges here seem to be particularly bad, not just towards the upper half of the frame:

I've also noticed this ugly doubling up of the OOF blur in some images that remind me of some decentered lenses I've had.

Not the best example since the boat could have been moving in the background but it shows what I mean. I have a better example which I'll try to upload later.

I'll have time to post more later. From what I've seen without directly comparing shots from the same areas, the magnified images the X-A3 16-50 kit my other visitor had seemed to be sharper and just more pleasing to the eye.

I did not take these shots and I no longer have access to the camera to test them. Im wondering if looking through pictures like this is enough to determine one way or another if a lens is a good copy or not.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow