RX1 Manual focus SHUTDOWN

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex P Scorsch Regular Member • Posts: 147
RX1 Manual focus SHUTDOWN

When I bought the Sony RX1, I said to myself "this camera will take me to the grave". It had everything I needed. Large full-frame sensor, great lens, small size and a really great manual focus system. Little did I know that this camera would become practically useless in a matter of months. I paid a small fortune for this camera with a hefty extra for a viewfinder. I see that I'm not the only one who was gyped by Sony. It seems that many owners have had the same problem as me with this camera. The manual focus just stopped working. The auto-focus still works but the manual focus - NEVERMORE. It seems that the camera was designed with a very weak manual focus system. I feel that Sony should do something about this. I am outraged. A $3,000 dollar camera that only works for a few months. I saw online that a repair will cost over $1,000. Pay that much to repair the  manual focus system that will probably just break again in a few months. Sony really made suckers of us with their hype that made us believe we were paying pro prices to have a pro camera. I guess that's why the pros still use Nikon and Canon. It makes one think twice about investing in an A7 system.

Alex P Scorsch's gear list:Alex P Scorsch's gear list
Sony RX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EF 35mm F1.4L USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +4 more
Sony Alpha a7 Sony RX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow