Can't create an Easy Pano on the Coolpix B700

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bob Spez08 New Member • Posts: 7
Can't create an Easy Pano on the Coolpix B700

The B700 manual doesn't even mention in camera panos (as far as I can tell) but under the SCENE mode, there is an option for Easy Pano, There are no instructions in the manual, and the Nikon website has very rudimentary generic instructions for Easy Pano, that says you select a 180 degree or a 360 degree pano, stating the 180 degree lets you pan for 15 seconds, and the 360 degree pano lets you pan for 30 seconds. The website says there is a video on Easy Pano, but it's not there. Nothing on Youtube except showing you the option exists on the SCENE menu.

From reading older coolpix manuals with this function, I figured out you press the shutter halfway, wait a second, then complete the shutter press. You get four direction arrows on the screen. As you start panning the camera in one of those 4 directions (up, down, left, right) a bar appears at the top of the lcd screen showing the progress of the pano with a moving thick line filling the bar from left to right.

So far so good, but I can't fill more than 1/3 or less of the bar when I get an "Unable To Create Pano Message". I've tried different lighting conditions, different size and quality settings, different panning speeds.. Nothing works. I've scoured the internet for answers and see this complaint repeated, but no solutions. If anyone has successfuly done an in camera pan on the B700, please tell me what I'm missing.

Bob Spez08's gear list:Bob Spez08's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D3100 +9 more
Nikon Coolpix B700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow