Dual IS is not working with all lenses

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Photo-Ronald New Member • Posts: 1
Dual IS is not working with all lenses

I just bought a GX8 and found out that I had to update the firmware of my lenses liked the 12-35 f2.8 and the 35-100 f2.8. Besides the laborious procedure it has to bedone (Downloaden, unzipping,filing on PC, copying to formatted SD,inserting in the camera and waiting and start again: why not via the USB cable?), it's not working for the long tele zoom lenses  like the FS100-300! That's a pity because with 300 mm 5,6 you can use every bit of improvement of stabilization. Especially went have to shoot out of hand.

Why not? Probably because Panasonic is far behind with her updates. The last update of this lens  was in 1012!  No Dual IS in that time yet.

So in the maenwhile shooting without tripod  better buy your self one of those Panasonic bridge camera' s with there extremely good stabilization. May be the reason why Panasonic Is lacking behind with the update of its long focus system lenses??

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
20 megapixels • 3 screen • Four Thirds sensor
Announced: Jul 16, 2015
Photo-Ronald's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
mediocre
Action / sports
great
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
unrated
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow