Advice for Upgrade from D7000 to D500 vs D7500

Started 11 months ago | Discussions thread
greenmanphoto Senior Member • Posts: 2,246
Re: Advice for Upgrade from D7000 to D500 vs D7500

Jane,

I also think you made the right choice, as the D500 has a MUCH better focusing system than the D7500, which is certainly important for wildlife and action shots. Further, as you've stated, the price of the 16-80 in the kit is pretty reasonable, but the lens by itself is, IMHO, overpriced.

Now, also as at least one other person stated, don't rule out the possibility of keeping the grip. If you don't use a tripod/monopod and you use longer lenses, the grip certainly helps with leveraging the weight better, and I would imagine that to be even more so for someone that's smaller, with smaller hands, as it sounds like you are. And while I'm not sure which place you're talking about that will buy it from you for $200, you might consider checking with other places should you still opt for selling it. B&H, KEH, and Adorama, among others, all sell used gear, and have a good reputation for doing so. There are also Buy and Sell fora on various sites, like this one, www.fredmiranda.com, and others.

Good luck, enjoy the camera, and welcome!

Sam

-- hide signature --

Sam B.
D200, 16-85mm, 35-135mm, Sigma 10-20 f3.5 N8008s, Gitzo 2531, Induro DM-01 ballhead
Certified Texas Master Naturalist
Proud WSSA Member #260!
www.flickr.com/photos/sibeardjr
www.doormouse-editions.com

greenmanphoto's gear list:greenmanphoto's gear list
Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 Nikon D500 Nikon D850 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow