Is the LX100 the right camera for me

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eswau New Member • Posts: 3
Is the LX100 the right camera for me

Wanting to step up from cell phone pictures and looking for an all purpose family camera.   My daughter does high school theater and that's when I decided on a new camera - the pics I took with the cell phone were just too dark, so wanting something that brings in more light.  Most likely will be shooting straight to jpgs,  some light sports, just basic family pictures and vacation pictures.  I'm almost ready to buy the LX100, but can get a GX85 with 2 kit lenses for less money is nagging at me as well, even if I purchased a 3rd lense to cover what those two don't.   I would imagine most of my shots will be set to "automatic" - at least for a while.

I prefer the thin "block" style cameras than the larger traditional SLR style cameras. I think the GX85 is as large as I would want to go.

Videos - not a big factor for me, might take a minute or two  here and there - but no long drawn out videos.

Thanks for any advice offered.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Panasonic LX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow