Upgrading my GX1- Is GX85 enough for indoor sports?

Started Dec 11, 2017 | Discussions thread
kolyy Contributing Member • Posts: 829
Re: Upgrading my GX1- Is GX85 enough for indoor sports?

Roy Bell wrote:

I ordered the 35-100 mm lens and can't wait to give that a try in the gym. My 25MM is the 1.7 version. This weekend is another competition. So hopefully my lens comes in and I can try it a bit beforehand. My GX85 came in about 10 minutes before I headed out the door last weekend so I didn't get any seat time with it.

Great, I am really curious how you will do, please do report back! Of course, experience and practice is really important.

I'm still not 100% sold on the body of the GX85 though. Coming from the GX1, I really thought it would had kept the smaller form. Yes, I compared sizes and specs, but that doesn't really seem that different until it's in your hand. I probably would had gone with the G85 had I held both of them prior. It just seems easier to hold and isn't that much bigger. Then picked up the smaller 850 for when we are out camping.

I understand, that is why I also have the GM5, which is my small ILC solution.

I am blown away by how many lenses there are now out as well. Last time I looked, there were maybe 6-8 panny lenses. I could see me eventually getting the 12-35mm for a nice indoor companion and the 12-60 looks really idea for when we are out camping or just not wanting to change lenses. Gonna have to check out the Oly options too now.

I have the 12-35 and it is really a very capable combination with the GX80. A bit short though, so I am eyeballing the Leica 12-60mm/2.8-4 as well. I can also recommend the 14-140mm (the new one), it is a very nice one lens solution.

kolyy's gear list:kolyy's gear list
Canon G9 X II Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 Sony a7 III
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow