If you use cloud backup for your files, what service do you use?

Started 4 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 1,603
If you use cloud backup for your files, what service do you use?

If you're using a cloud backup solution for backing up your photos, what service are you using?

I'm trying to decide between Carbonite, Backblaze and a few others to backup both my LR catalog (if possible, which is currently 500MB for the catalog itself, and another 13GB of smart previews) and my raw files (which total to around 450GB.

I'm aware that the initial upload of my RAW files and LR catalog will take some time regardless of who I use, but I'm more curious about what most photographers (or at least people on here) are using for their online backup needs/workflows.

I was going to use Google drive, but their EULA sort of bothers me (their stance on user's content and what Google can do with it) and OneDrive (which was/is going to be too clunky and a nightmare to use for regular, automated backups of large amounts of RAW files (some 2 GB per shoot worth of RAW files).

Flickr has been suggested before (along with Amazon Drive) but I don't see either (especially Flickr) as a valid true backup system (plus I'm also not a big fan of Yahoo, especially after their biggest data breach).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon D750 Fujifilm X-T2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +9 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow