Searching for a DAM without dedicated import dialogue

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Saramarisu New Member • Posts: 6
Searching for a DAM without dedicated import dialogue

Hey guys,

I'm searching for a lightweight DAM that monitors automatically my photographic hard disk and allows me to search for pictures by exif data (including manufacturer information).

Currently I'm using the folder structure to organise my photos chronologically, and use the catalogue feature of capture one to organise it event-wise (one large catalogue for all my daily journalistic works, and one catalogue for each reportage). That works fine for me, but does not allow me to find pictures I took with Lens A on Camera B with Aperture C. But that is exactly what I need at the moment (I have the chance to write some articles about different cameras and lenses I've used past and present).

Has anybody a solution for me, because I haven't found anything up to now (Picasa monitors my folder structure, but does not have a search function)? It does not need to be freeware, but it should also not cost me several hundred bucks either.

Thanks and best regards

Sarah

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow