A6300 and 2 native lenses no AF drive speed/tracking?

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
OP Bluerio Regular Member • Posts: 266
Re: A6300 and 2 native lenses no AF drive speed/tracking?

Off The Mark wrote:

Bluerio wrote:

Visited a Sony kiosk today and showed the problem, one of the guys said it was very weird and started some tests with lenses and bodies used for the public. Then he wanted to upgrade the firmware and told me to come back in 15 min.

Once back there were other 2 reps trying to figure out the issue. The firmware update was ok but didn't solve it.

We figured out that with the camera on if we remove the lens and put it back all functions start to work. After few minutes of use or as soon as we turn off and back on the camera everything is again greyed out.

They have not confirmed if PDAF is working or not but I have used their a6300 and the AF seemed a lot quicker.

Ultimately it seems that the mount is defective at the contacts level and the camera needs to be sent in for repair. Now, irrespective if the guy selling me the camera was aware or not, the hope is that proof of purchase under someone else's name is accepted.

First, thanks for keeping us updated. I don't know how many times I have seen threads where someone brought up a problem and asked for advice, and we never get updated on what happened. So thanks again for keeping us updated.

The AF capabilities of an a6300 are (normally) excellent, so it truly does seem like a worthwhile effort to try and get the camera fixed (under warranty, if possible). While I personally could live without AF-A or the ability to adjust tracking sensitivity, I couldn't live without the overall phase detect AF capabilities of the a6300.

Hoping this works out easily and quickly for you.

Thanks go to you and all members who assisted. Hopefully the camera will be fixed under warranty, it's just that Christmas is a terrible period to send gear in for repair, maybe I will wait till January.

Have you all great holidays.

Bluerio's gear list:Bluerio's gear list
Canon EOS 5DS R Sony a6300 Sony Alpha a7R III Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 135mm F2L USM +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow