A few from my Canada trip - 02

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Sinitar
Sinitar Regular Member • Posts: 135
A few from my Canada trip - 02

I am glad to find that DPreview is not blocked in China so I can share more photos of our journey.

1- Castle Mountain in the afternoon. This is a very popular stop between Banff and Lake Louise.

2- Moonrise over Mount. Robson, the highest peak of the Canadian Rockies. The super clear sky and low light pollution made it a perfect location for star gazing or astrophotography. We didn’t plan this photograph before our trip: as we walked to the lake shore for a night photograph, I saw the shimmering light coming behind Mount. Robson. It got stronger and stronger and I realized that the moon was rising, and about to come into our view. the right side of the mountain peak, the milky way was soon to be washed away by the light of the moon. I set up my tripod as fast as I could and configured the camera for a selfie of Tammy and myself. Then the magic happened. The moon climbed above the mountains casting its gentle presence over the rocks, lake and us. That was a memorable moment.

This place is not that difficult to get to, but you do need to hike 21km of backcountry trail ( or you can charter a helicopter). I would recommend this hike to anyone who wishes to experience the wilderness and purity of the Rocky Mountains. I wrote a post about this place and our experience there here if you want to learn more about it.

http://adventurephd.com/hiking-berg-lake-trail-mount-robson/

3- Almost every time we drove along the way from Banff town to the Two Jack Lake, we would see some of these beautiful creatures. We started to call this place 100%. You know they might love sunset as much as we do.

4- Wedge Pond. It is said that no fish could survive in this lake because it completely freezes to the very bottom in winter. But there are other animals happily living there.

5- Wildfire.

This the wildfire of the Rockies - splendid morning glow over the mountains.

Hope my Pentaxian friends enjoy these shots. Actually, I shot a lot more stuff than these, most of which were time lapse videos that I don't have a way to share, for now (since I am now traveling and visiting family/friends in China and don't have reliable access to Youtube, Vimeo etc. ). The K1 is really excellent for landscape or general photography. I just wish it had faster processing speed so I could use shorter intervals in my time lapse shots without filling the buffer quickly. Anyway, it is a nice camera to have. Cheers.

-- hide signature --

My personal website: http://adventurephd.com

Sinitar's gear list:Sinitar's gear list
Pentax K-1 Pentax FA 15-30mm F2.8 Pentax FA 28-105mm F3.5-5.6 Sigma DP1s Fujifilm FinePix X100 +8 more
Pentax K-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow