Sony RX100 Mk4. Is it easy to use the menu system?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
Flat view
Brisn5757 Senior Member • Posts: 2,184
Sony RX100 Mk4. Is it easy to use the menu system?

I have been looking at different camera for a while and recently started to look at the RX100 Mk4 more closely as I'm looking for a camera to take photos overseas.

I understand that the smaller the camera the less room there is to put extra buttons. So after looking at the manual for this camera I noticed that to do something such as change to manual focus you needed to follow some menu steps such as Menu->Camera Settings->Focus Mode->Manual Focus. I was wondering if this was easy to do as I have not seem the menu on the LCD screen for this camera? Does it take long to change to Manual Focus?

Can you assign a function key so that when you push the function key the camera changes to Manual Focus?

For exposure compensate do you just rotate the dial at the back of the camera or are there some steps you must do first?

Can features like zebra crossing be quickly turn on and off the display when needed?

Often a moment is lost that could have been be caught on camera if the photographer has to follow a lot of complex steps to adjust his camera.

Brisn5757's gear list:Brisn5757's gear list
Olympus SP-570 UZ Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX70 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Sony RX100 IV Canon EOS 300D +8 more
Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow